Berry Fresh Bakery
Locally produced Artisan Jams, Chutney and Marmalade - using locally sourced ingredients where possible
Delivery charges including packaging are £3.95 per delivery under £35. It is Free delivery for orders over £35
Berry Fresh Bakery is an Artisan Jam, Chutney and Marmalade business based in Malpas in rural Cheshire. Tom is the maker and Lynne helps and supports behind the scenes . They started the business in 2010 with Lynne baking cakes and pastries for local farmers’ markets. Tom said “what shall I do – I could make some jam for the cakes”. So he made plum jam to go into a Bakewell tart. Very soon he widened the range and added chutney to the offer. It didn’t take long for the sales of jars to overtake the cakes and pastries.
Lynne then chose to get employment and provide a little financial stability to their lives and this enabled Tom to focus on what was now a jams chutney and marmalade business.
Shop by Category
It is really important to enhance the flavour of the fruits, vegetables and spices in a chutney. Tom does this by carefully selecting the best vinegar and sugar to match the ingredients and complement the colour.
A good deal of work has gone into Tom “perfecting” his marmalades. They are fruity, citrusy and many of our customers say moreish. Again as with all of our products they are made in small batches using traditional methods. Neither do we use gelling or setting agents this means our marmalades will have a slightly looser set
There is plenty of fruit in a Berry Fresh Bakery Jam and Tom captures each individual flavour in every jar. We rely on the fruit’s natural pectin to set the jam, occasionally some need a bit of help with additional pectin and citric acid. We do not however use any other setting agents or additives.
All are made traditionally in small batches in a Maslin pan
Best Selling Products
Tutti Frutti Jam£4.00
Classic Apple Chutney£4.00
About The Products We Make
- Starting with good quality ingredients bought locally where possible
- Using traditional methods
- In small batches
All of our jars are cooked in small batches to match the seasons.
Free delivery for orders over £35
- We ask our customers to return glass jars for recycling
- We use reputable companies as part of our supply chain with their own commitments to the environment
- We buy in bulk (Jars) to reduce the number of deliveries we receive
- We plan our deliveries to minimise the miles travelled and the number of deliveries made
- We endeavour to purchase items, not in plastic punnets
- Our production is done on an electric cooker and when sourcing equipment minimum energy use is very much considered in our decision
- We use LED lighting
- We have reduced our vehicles from Two to One